Go Girl is moving up in the big wide world–and we’re only getting bigger, thanks to readers like you!
We’re excited about our brand new website. Here’s some things that are different that you may enjoy:
- A whole new design: If you didn’t notice it, good luck with the rest of your life. Our new layout is a rich, colorful mix of moving images and interactive elements. You may also notice our Twitter feed at the topic of our image slider. Today’s woman isn’t static; and neither is Go Girl! We hope you enjoy the look. Vote in the poll on our right sidebar to tell us what you think!
- Bloggers AND columnists: A Go Girl isn’t just anyone traveling. It’s an active, engaged, independent woman who’s interested in the world around her. And we realize that this includes women who may not necessarily be train-hopping at the moment, but who still support the cause. That’s why we have actively traveling bloggers in our image slider, while we have columnists outside of the slider who write about things that are important to women around the world– from adventure sports, to life as an expat, to young girls’ empowerment.
- A brand-new Reviews section, managed by our amazing Reviews Director, Margaret. They’re shorter, sweeter and constantly updating. Even better, you’ll be able to submit your own reviews soon.
- Registration (and it’s FREE)! That’s right! Now YOU can be a Go Girl too! Direct yourself to our right sidebar and login to Go Girl for some serious goodies that we’re developing (see details in list below), including a dynamic commenting system below our posts.
- A Community forum where you registered members can chat about everything under the sun, from feminist literature to great places to visit.
- Easy sharing options below each article and following options on the right so you can be sure to find us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and everywhere else!
And, of course, we’ve got plenty more up our sleeves as we ease into our new shell:
- A whole interactive social network for our members (readers), to be published soon
- Maps so you can see where we are in the world
- The Go Girl e-newsletter, sent to our subscribers starting in July (you can subscribe in our right sidebar off the main page)
- Go Girl networking events coming to a city near you!
We’re still raising funds to take us to BlogHer ’11 in San Diego this year. If you like the site, chip in some cash on the right side. We also take Paypal payments, sent to email@example.com. We need at least $1,200 to go, so please help now (we’re right now 1/4 of the way there)!
Thanks for being a beloved Go Girl reader!
I love the new site. It is much easier to navigate and read about the destinations one has in mind. I am excited about the interactive social network and the newsletters.