Want to dive deep into the world of travel? Look no further than our list of books by women authors!
Want to purchase these and other books by women writers? Check out our page on Bookshop and support local bookstores!
- Overbooked: The Exploding Business of Travel and Tourism by Elizabeth Becker
- Ours to Explore: Power, Privilege, and the Paradox of Voluntourism by Pippa Biddle
- The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food by Jennifer B. Lee
- Driving While Back: African American Travel and the Road to Civil Rights by Gretchen Sorin
- The Last Resort: A Chronicle of Paradise, Profit, and Peril at the Beach by Sarah Stodola
- Beyond Guilt Trips: Mindful Travel in an Unequal World by Anu Taranath
- All God’s Children Need Traveling Shoes by Maya Angelou
- King Peggy: An American Secretary, Her Royal Destiny, and the Inspiring Story of How She Changed an African Village by Peggielene Bartels and Eleanor Herman
- Eat, Pray, Love by Liz Gilbert
- The Girl with Seven Names: Escape from North Korea by Hyeonseo Lee
- Lipstick Jihad: A Memoir of Growing up Iranian in America and American in Iran by Azadeh Moaveni
- The Catch Me If You Can: One Woman’s Journey to Every Country in the World by Jessica Nabongo
- At Home in the World: Reflections on Belonging While Wandering the Globe by Tsh Oxenreider
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
- Americanah by Chimananda Ngozi Adichie
- In Every Mirror She’s Black by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
- Everything is Not Enough by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Wander Woman: How to Reclaim Your Space, Find Your Voice, and Travel the World, Solo by Beth Santos: Part travel guide, part manifesto for the traveler you want to be, written by our own founder and CEO!
- What’s With Atlanta?: The Quirks, Personality, and Charm of the ATL by Paige Watts: This book will satisfy your curiosity about all the little things that make Atlanta tick and all the big events that shaped the city’s history.
- 5 Steps to Solo Travel by Dr. Mary Beth McCabe: For the solo female traveler, a 5 Step Guidebook Series to make the journey the best ever
- The Airport Book by Lisa Brown
- Freedom Soup by Tami Charles
- Wally The Wandering Wallaby’s Around The World Adventure by Lauren Mae Pelkey
- Wally The Wandering Wallaby’s Wonders of The World Adventure by Lauren Mae Pelkey