Over here in Boston we are proud to be the second-ever city to host Wanderful Boston meetups, as well as the home of the second annual Women in Travel Summit! Staying with the early adopter theme, we are also transitioning to Wanderful’s new chapter format!
We are currently seeking those interested in joining our Boston team!
We are looking to fill the following positions:
• Shares the benefits of Wanderful’s membership program to prospective Wanderful Women and encourages other women to join Wanderful’s events as members or attendees.
• Conducts outreach to universities, travel organizations, and other networks to spread the word about Wanderful’s community.
• Manages member onboarding within the chapter.
• Develops strategies to bring in new members.
• Helps events officer with attracting new and current members to Wanderful’s activities and structuring members-only events.
• Connects with area companies that might be interested in participating in our preferred partnerships program.
• Grows the impact of Wanderful in Boston by building strategic partnerships with other local organizations.
• Connects any strong partnerships with Wanderful’s central operations for maximum exposure and benefit.
• Collaborates with the Membership Officer on key preferred partners and leveraging those relationships for Wanderful’s membership program.
• Helps Events Officer find sponsors and special guests for events in order to bring value, funding, and perks to local Wanderful activities.
• Organizes events for the Wanderful Boston chapter at least once per month and ensures that at least one officer can be available for each event.
• Researches and reserves event spaces.
• Posts events on chapter site.
• Communicates with on-site staff.
• Manages logistics.
• Ensures that at least one board member is present at all events, acting as hostess and taking pictures.
• Works with Partnerships Officer to bring on event sponsors and special guests.
• Works with Membership Officer on developing members-only events.
Here’s what we’re looking for in team members:
- Flexibility — We will meet once a month to discuss Wanderful initiatives. Make sure you have enough time to devote to your duties.
- Knowledge of the Wanderful network or interest in learning about it.
- Strong self-management skills — Because this is a volunteer position, we need women who can take initiative and won’t necessarily wait for direction.
- Qualities relevant to the job at hand — The Membership Officer should be friendly and personable. The Partnerships Officer should be good at building professional connections. See individual job descriptions for more details.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills — One characteristic of a Wanderful team member is the ability to think on your feet and solve challenges as they come. We’re looking for great team players, solid communicators, and critical thinkers.
And, of course, we’re looking for fellow team members who are fun, passionate about travel, and excited to bring Wanderful Boston to new heights!