Photo by Derek Hatfield on Flickr.
Do you really need to have a reason to book a break in Barbados? As one of the first islands that comes to mind when you say “Caribbean”, Barbados is a quintessential luxury island that begs to be visited at least once during your lifetime. With Barbados holidays (http://www.elegantresorts.co.uk/barbados/c), you get much more than the inevitable glistening sandy beaches – you get a complete adventure, wrapped up with heritage and local culture, that can keep you busy for weeks.
If you do need a few reasons to visit this coral island, here are some to inspire you:
- The diving opportunities are second to none. The majority of the island is surrounded by coral reefs that provide a perfect spot for divers of all abilities. Whether you’re accustomed with scuba gear or you’ve never seen an oxygen tank before, diving here will be an experience to remember for all the right reasons.
- The geology, due to its location, is incredible. There’s an abundance of caves scattered across the island that can be explored, notably Harrison’s Cave which is a network of pools, waterfalls and grottoes that provide an awe-inspiring site for visitors to marvel at.
- Luxury accommodation is in abundance across the various island resorts, meaning that if you’re looking for a little more than an average island escape, you’re in the right place.
- It goes without saying that the beaches Barbados boasts are simply utopian. Lush greenery meets golden sands which sweep effortlessly into the turquoise waters. If all you want to do is kick back, relax and watch the world go by, the Barbados beaches are the best places for it.
- The history is incredible. The Jacobean mansions alone – such as the sugar plantation, St Nicholas’ Abbey – are must-see sights that could easily be incorporated into your lazy days in Barbados.
Whatever your reasons for heading to the island, you won’t be disappointed. Take a look at the luxury holidays online and book your Caribbean break today!
Editor’s note: Catherine Lavinia has generously provided this article and compensation in order to help continue spreading the voice of women around the world. We are proud of the content we publish and stand by it! Click here to read our full disclosure statement.
Thanks for your post on Barbados, love the photo of the relaxed people on the beach Barbados seems to have a lot to offer.