Well, I’m getting ready to take a looooong journey to Tampa, Florida for a conference. When I say long, I mean a 13 to 15 hour journey.
I don’t know if my body is quite ready for this long trip, but I anticipate it to be very exciting. Right now, I’m actually switching gears in my mind, getting it ready for what’s ahead. By far, this may be the longest trip I’ve ever taken in my life, besides the 10 hours trip I took from Washington, PA to Chicago—it seemed like forever.
One thing’s for sure though, the driver made sure we limited ourselves to taking the necessities. I was taken back when he said this, but I will adhere. With me, I am going to take my top 5 items that I will need to keep me relaxed on the long drive and while I’m there.
- The 5 Love Languages, a book by Gary Chapman
- The purple ipod, you know you can NEVER leave home without it
- My journal, I have to scribble what’s in my mind every hour
- Voice recorder, you know, just in case I want to sing or do something silly
- Camera, it will capture every cloud, palm tree, and ocean that I plan on visiting
Overall, I think I’m pretty much ok!
What are the top 5 things you cannot live without when you travel?