Thank you to Travelpayouts for sponsoring this message!
Any experienced travel creator will tell you that launching a lucrative career as a travel content creator starts with – well – a foundation of strong, interesting content! But thinking about yourself as a business, and creating a strong monetization plan, is that critical second step that many creators simply miss.
That’s why we’re introducing you to resources and tools to help you create a lasting, profitable business that makes money AND creates excellent content – a happy equation for everyone.
In this edition, we’re taking a look at Travelpayouts, a popular digital partnership platform focused on helping travel content creators earn income through affiliate marketing – what it is, how it works, and if it’s worth the investment.
Read on for more!
So…what is Travelpayouts?
Travelpayouts is an affiliate marketing platform in the travel industry that connects travel content creators with travel companies looking to advertise on their platforms. Founded in 2011, Travelpayouts offers a range of monetization tools for creators to promote various travel products and services on their websites, blogs, and social media channels
Travelpayouts boasts over 110 travel affiliate programs, with a growing network of affiliates and travel partners including Booking.com, GetYourGuide, and Tripadvisor…
How is Travelpayouts different?
Travelpayouts offers a range of special benefits, including:
- Wide range of travel affiliate programs: A comprehensive portfolio of more than 110 travel affiliate programs, including some of the biggest names in the travel industry, such as Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, and Viator.
- Suitable for all levels: The nature of affiliate marketing is that it can fit any level of audience and grow with you, with no minimum audience size to get started.
- Innovative marketing tools: Customizable widgets, deep links, search forms, API integrations and other tech-savvy tools that keep your site looking strong.
- High commission rates: Some of the highest commission rates in the travel industry, with some programs offering up to 40% commission on bookings.
- Reliable tracking and reporting: Advanced tracking and reporting technology so you can receive accurate and timely commission payouts, plus detailed analytics and reporting tools to help you strategize better
- Excellent customer support: In fact, they’ve been recognized for their customer service – and have extensive documentation and training resources for just about everything you need.
How much money are we talking?
The key to affiliate marketing is using it smartly by focusing on high-performing articles that engage a reader that’s ready to book. Once you nail your affiliate marketing strategy, the earnings follow. Each affiliate is different, of course, but Travelpayouts reports earnings like $15 for an accommodation booking, $6 per flight bought on WayAway, $23 per car rental booked on Discover Cars, etc. These might look like small beans, but they add up fast when you multiply them by the number of people reading – and clicking these affiliate links – on your site (meanwhile, you’re sipping an ice-cold lemonade doing absolutely no extra work). Travelpayouts even cover transfer fees, so the money you earn is the money you keep.
Looking for some success stories? Travelpayouts suggests you take a look at:
- Megan Starr and Aram Vardanyan, the creators of VirginiaTravelTips.com, who earn over $60,000 per month, including through partner programs on the Travelpayouts platform.
- Kieran monetizes his website and mobile app about Ibiza through Travelpayouts. Event ticket affiliate sales account for over 85% of his site’s income.
- Maggie and Michael, the founders of TheWorldWasHereFirst.com, who managed to turn their blog into a full-time job.
Ready to get started!? Wanderful readers can make an additional $25 on their first payout by using the promo code WANDERFUL2023 when they sign up.
So…do you use Travelpayouts? What do you think of them?
Share your experiences and tips in the comments to help other travel content creators monetize and grow!