We are SO excited to announce our partnership with Spark Ventures to travel to Nicaragua!
You may remember Spark Ventures as a non-profit partner at our very first Women in Travel Summit in Chicago. They are an amazing Chicago organization whose model of business-driven philanthropy leverages charitable contributions to fund food- and agriculture-focused private sector investments in emerging market social enterprises.
Now we’re teaming up with Spark to launch a professional women’s trip where we will travel to Nicaragua and volunteer with the children and staff of Spark’s social program partner, Las Tías, and be exposed to the culture and beauty of Nicaragua in November 2016.
About Las Tías
Las Tías is a secular, nonprofit organization operating in León, Nicaragua. Las Tías was started by 8 women merchants in 1989 to serve vulnerable children in their community through nutrition and educational programming. Through their 23-year history, Las Tías has served 850 adolescents and 1,060 children.
Read more about them on Spark Ventures’ website, here.
About Spark Ventures
Spark Ventures’ model of business-driven philanthropy leverages charitable contributions to fund food and agriculture-focused, private-sector investments in emerging market social enterprises. The returns from these investments are funneled into endowments managed by local, non-governmental organization (NGO) partners providing high-impact programming in education, health, and nutrition. Read more.
- An introduction to impact travel designed for professionals
- Hands-on volunteer engagement with the children and staff of Spark’s social program partner, Las Tías
- Unique exposure to local culture, historical insights, and natural wonders
- 5 days/4 nights in great hotels in Nicaragua, enjoying flavorful Nicaraguan meals
- A working session with Spark’s CEO on the business-driven philanthropy model, successes, and challenges